1MC 20.0% 0.3¢ morella corporation limited

Lithium & The Future, page-3288

1. 3,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    A very level headed post there. You're right, ultimately there is a lot of lithium and extraction technology will improve too. I agree re Tesla being the pump primer to prove the concept not only technically but economically. They're damned close to showing their business model can displace the luxury/premium end of the market already, and only a little more margin required to displace the middle band too. I think people dismiss the impact on industries where costs are king (whereas personal cars taste/desire is an important purchase component), battery back up for grid energy and battery supported renewables are on the very cusp of completely disrupting fossil fuel dominated grids from a homeowner right up to utility level. In sunny countries there really is no logic in coal fired at all, or gas peaker plants. States like Queensland already produce more power than they need from renewable during sunny periods, putting in distributed battery storage to supplement this could displace a significant chunk of old legacy power plants. This also alleviates anxiety around how to fund/justify a distribution grid as it will still be needed to shift excess power to battery storage and then out of battery storage to end users again. SA's battery farm has exceeded expectations and made their grid one of the best insulated against demand/supply mismatch from being one of the worst. If PV and battery costs continue on their current trend a solar/battery farm or wind/battery farm will be nearly the most cost effective way to install new capacity. The Tesla Semi is also much maligned, but here again, the economies on fuel and servicing are nearing the point that short/medium haul will be cheaper with electric tractors and it's a cost focused industry that will adopt those measures very quickly once the numbers are bourne out. Add in the self driving/safety aspect of Tesla and it's another competitive advantage. I don't own Tesla stock and am not in a place to make recommendations for others, but for me it's looking a compelling buy near term. Really it seems that Tesla's main issue isn't their products but their plant capacity and delivery logistics - both of which have near term fixes. Perhaps many on here are five years ahead of themselves but the electric revolution is almost certainly unstoppable now. I think we haven't even seen the start of the demand ramp and that supply demand mismatch will arrive in the next 5 - 10 years. the first 1% of the market might have taken 100 years, but the following 99% will take a fraction of that. For many the entire economy is really just a manifestation of energy production/supply and electric + batteries is disrupting it top to bottom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.