1MC 20.0% 0.3¢ morella corporation limited

Lithium & The Future, page-4506

1. 10 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Taking a break from refinancing debt and upward trends in lithium pricing...

I was daydreaming about a camper trailer with a 60kWh battery pack to extend range (and keep the esky cold) to put on the back of my future e-vehicle, and wondered if anything like that was out there yet....

There was the concept of this tow-able egg with 85kWh to extend range 300-500km.
    https://insideevs.com/news/322567/nomadic-power-presents-range-extender-trailer-w-video/
    There were plans to make them rentable along highways (in Germany) so a quick change of trailer and you continue on. Indefinitely. This could resolve a lot of the range anxiety issues. It is an old concept though (2014) and a search for more more recent range extending trailers and plans came up with mostly custom DIY jobs.

Musk didn't think range extending trailers would be necessary as cars will be coming up on 500km range soon and charging times keep dropping, which is fine for 99% of trips, but it won't get me, and the kids, and the camper, to the camping spots in Australia I like, and back. We'll have to stay in caravan parks to recharge the car. (If they'll let us).

This means my future garage will likely need a big ICE for the getaways while a little e-car does the commutes. Unless someone knows of plans for neat campers with range extending batteries @Rupfel ? You seem to find all kinds of EV subject matter? I suspect a lot of Australian families (even pro-EV) feel similarly. It's a good thing our market is globally so insignificant!

Of course, all dreams of a future garage are moot without refinancing of debt and upward trends in lithium pricing... c'mon AJM!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.