KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Lithium Valley

1. 80 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    There's talk in the media here in Perth today about representatives from Tesla meeting with the WA premier this week to discuss the potential of developing a 'lithium valley' here in WA.

The WA Government have also supposedly been working on a plan over the past few months to try and capture the value of the burgeoning lithium market (rather than just exporting spodumene or LCE) and developing actual battery making capability in WA.

Tesla have previously announced that they plan on announcing the locations of 2 additional gigafactory's prior to the end of the year. While I had always assumed this would probably happen in China and Europe, is there a remote possibility that a Gigafactory could actually be developed in Western Australia to take advantage of the close proximity of the lithium resource (and all the other battery minerals that are abundant in WA).

Clearly they have just signed an off-take agreement with KDR (albeit not a huge one), I can't understand why else representatives from Telsa would be meeting with the WA Government?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.