PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

You can invest in that company - they are looking for capital....

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    You can invest in that company - they are looking for capital.

http://www.ultracapacitor.info/contact/

NB They haven't actually got a battery yet. They are wanting to start a 3 year research project using their previous work to see if they can make a prototype. They need money to do this and you could help .

If you do want to invest be aware it is not just them either in the game, there is lots of research going into developing better capacitors and potentially they could replace chemical cells down the track. Great advantages, weight, long life and quick charging. Drawbacks at the moment are restrictions to low voltage and they have low capacity. Great potential in the future though. Pick the companies early that end up doing it and you will probably do well ultimately.

"Ultra" capacitors (this is a generic term not that companies term) are currently are being used now for quick power demand applications (including in some EVs - for quick acceleration). I heard them described as putting out a firehose of power but only having a tiny water tank. They will get better.

I think the current chemical technology won't be overthrown for some years yet though. Capacitors are still a long way from producing capacitors with the ability to be the main power storage for EVs . Down the track a decade though? Who knows?
    Last edited by Jonkster: 01/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.