PLS 0.69% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

I don't know if Joe implicitly makes recommendations. He...

1. 907 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I don't know if Joe implicitly makes recommendations. He provides more commentary/observation. I think his stab here is not so much at Australian Lithium miners, but more the Australian investors he has encountered. I use LinkedIn but not Twitter, so to hazard a guess, he has said made some commentary on AVZ, some Australian investors didn't like it, and had a go at him for his commentary.

Regarding his ASX picks, this is the closest I've seen to a recommendation from him:

Posted June 24th, 2017:

The lithium juniors are almost too numerous to keep track of in the alphabet soup of ASX and TSX listings; yet only a few have a serious chance of bringing supply to market in a meaningful way. Galaxy and Orocobre are in commercial production. LAC and Pilbara have financed projects moving forward. Nemaska is demonstrating a new technology in the most attractive market segment but still needs additional financing to go from a very small (500 MT) “Phase 1 plant” (out of respect for Guy Bourassa I won’t call it a “demo plant”) to true commercial scale production. A couple other companies (that will remain unnamed) have a reasonable chance at success in the coming decade. The majority of the rest of options from Australia to Argentina or Qinghai to Quebec are either too small to give serious comment on or are “pump and dump” schemes where the "product" is stock price and exit strategy.

I don’t give investment advice but if you check my Twitter feed you will see I was mentioning my personal investment in SQM last year when it hovered around $15. I ate my own cooking bought and bought again up to the high teens. Recently I have been asked about SQM multiple times. What can I say, it is still a great story on the lithium side but it was a lot better story in the mid-teens than the mid-thirties. ALB has risen mightily but Luke knows how to manage earnings. Most of my readers don’t invest on China markets but I believe Ganfeng is going to continue to grow and prosper. Galaxy has a producing mine and two great geographically diverse assets to develop. LAC has 50% interest in the next big brine play coming online and the two best partners a junior could want, Nemaska has a unique technology and great government support. Pilbara is fully financed. If you read my Twitter feed you know who my junior investments are in.

And another post made on November 19th:

My apologies for being thankful for what is essentially something I made-up with help from my friend John Kanellitsas, President of Lithium Americas but I believe the concept is a good one and becoming a reality. I want to thank Richard Seville of Orocobre for giving the idea even more traction when he referenced the Lithium Star Alliance in his remarks at the Deutsche Bank event last week in New York. If you are unfamiliar with the analogy, please see my Linked In post of the same name. A brief refresher the Lithium Star Alliance includes heavy hitters: SQM and Ganfeng and their affiliated junior partners: LAC, Pilbara, Neometals and Kidman.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.88
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.671B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.93 $2.84 $50.85M 17.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 179945 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.