AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I agree with sf120,The Interim Orders (listed by ASX...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1368
    I agree with sf120,

The Interim Orders (listed by ASX announcement on 18th January 2024) were binding on all parties and to take effect immediately.
    Yes, the DRC has signed up to International Law and while there is little evidence coming out of the DRC to confirm if they have taken these Orders seriously, the interim orders made by the ICSID are still in effect.
    However, I believe negotiations are ongoing in regards the Northern Section of the Manono Project and this may have caused a short deferment in proceedings.
    AVZ indicated that it would continue with its efforts to confirm its and Dathcom’s ownership of the northern area of the Manono Project either through its continued negotiations with the DRC government’s senior public officials or return and seek remedy through the ICSID and ICC proceedings to their conclusion.
    So what timeframe would the ICSID have given the parties to reach a negotiated settlement?
    IMO the Tribunal, having received submissions from both parties would have suggested that the parties return to the Tribunal no later than the first business day of March 2024.
    If by this time AVZ feels that the DRC is failing in its obligations to comply with any of the interim orders or that an agreement with the DRC cannot be reached in relation to the Northern section then AVZ can ask the Tribunal to proceed to a ruling.
    This would be the worst case scenario for the DRC, given the circumstances we know and the fact that the eyes of the world are waiting on a decision from the ICSID and the ICC.
    IMO AVZ lawyers will be pushing to get an outcome in the near future.
    The DRC's compliance with the ICSID decision will be looked upon favourably and would open the gates for AVZ to resume work to advance the development of Manono.
    I am looking forward to a series of favourable announcements and updates in the first week of March on the back of the Tribunal rulings and hope that these outcomes progress the investment interests of all AVZ shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.