AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Yes ericson, it is just another daming article on Zijin and...

1. 1,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1580
    Yes ericson, it is just another daming article on Zijin and their corrosive behaviour along with the high level of corruption that follows them everywhere they do business. I've read so many articles over the past few years about this Chinese company and others that employ these dodgy and somewhat trashy tactics that it's become quite sickening what they inflict on the communities that are offered no other alternatives, especially once the corruption takes hold of the pollies in power who become addicted to these easy pickings to look after themselves.

I'm surprised that Felix has not yet kicked them out of the country, it must be so difficult for the likes of Jules, the IGF and all those who want and deserve better for the people of the DRC, how much longer will countries allow this type of second rate behaviour to go on unpunished. I noticed that over on the other bat channel DE has compiled a number of similar articles which he has documented.

I found the following extract from your posted article interesting :

"In 2020, Zijin warned Papua New Guineathat, if its government did not renew the environmental license at the Porgera gold mine, bilateral relations with China would be damaged, (sound familiarrolleyes.png) Reuters reported. Papua New Guinea refused to extend the mining lease for 20 years, citing environmental damage and social unrest. Following Chinese pressure, on March 31, 2023, the Papuan government signed a new agreement.

Against their people

Chinese companies treat local people similarly to how they treat their own people. Their attitude toward their own citizens is indifferent, and that same attitude is reflected in their treatment internationally. “They don’t see citizens as people, they see them as subjects,” Fleischman said.

In 2018, a copper mine in Zujin, in China’s Fujian province, polluted the Tingjian River with toxic waste, generating an environmental disaster with a profound impact on local communities, investigative journalism platform Dialogo Chino reported."

On a lighter note have a look yet again at how the
    Global X Lith & Batt ETF performed overnight, UP ONCE MORE! biggrin.png

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6000/6000132-ce3d4313aa39ea23e97c4f5be8294ce4.jpg
    SYcool.png I trust all AVZrs have a great day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.