AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Litigation Timelines, page-3

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    Not being negative here, just realistic.

The DRC's track record for following through on decisions from international arbitrators has been appalling. Even in the best-case scenario with this litigation path, we're facing a seriously prolonged wait before any cash finds its way into the pockets of shareholders – and there's no guarantee we'll receive anything at all!

IMO a possible option from here would be for the Chinese, who clearly control the strings, to cough up a fair price for a swift resolution. There's a need for someone to get on with the development of Manono as the window for securing an optimal return for both the miner and the DRC is closing rapidly. Securing a fair deal for AVZ would not only conclude the litigation but also provide the Chinese with the opportunity to assess the resource without having to contend with continuous court orders for years to come.

While the DRC hasn't shown much concern for ICC rulings, I'm hopeful the Chinese recognize the importance of settling and are willing to pay up to make this whole issue disappear. I understand they're already active in the Northern section, but I believe things would be smoother for them if AVZ were out of the way. The question is, how much would they be willing to pay for that to happen?

I'm eager to experience a return like other shareholders and would support whatever strategy is best for making that happen within a REASONABLE time frame.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5790/5790919-b91db5a06adbc6074aa1fd8289bb586a.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.