Little support for Voice Proposal

1. 4,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 429
    Senator Pauline Hansen leads the charge for the NO VOTE. cool.png

I agree with her whole heartly and if you read her points I am sure a LOT of Australians will agree. wink.png

The start from Pauline latest email "ONE NATION"
    By One Nation Leader Senator Pauline Hanson
    "The debate over the proposed indigenous voice to Parliament continues to gather pace thanks in part to One Nation taking a firm stance early and leading the campaign for the ‘no’ vote.

Predictably we’re already seeing the main tactic of the pro-voice brigade in this debate: they’ll try to silence people speaking against it by dismissing them as racists.

This way they can avoid the tough questions about the profound changes they are proposing and the wide-ranging implications they will have for the future of Australia.

Want more details? Concerned about enshrining race-based powers in our otherwise colour-blind Constitution? Want to know how much this entire exercise will cost taxpayers? Want to know how this will address real disadvantage in indigenous communities? These are the questions that will get you labelled racist, yet these are the questions that must be asked – and satisfactorily answered – before we go to a referendum.

I’ve been encouraged by the response from Australians who have had it with being told what to think. Many who have not agreed with me on other issues have been happy to say they support our campaign against the voice to Parliament. I’m confident most Australians won’t support racial exceptionalism and separatism being enshrined in the Constitution.

It’s important to remember that while the pro-voice crowd will attempt to silence dissenting voices in public debate, they can’t silence dissenting voices in the referendum itself. The focus of our campaign is to unite all Australians as one people in one nation under one flag, while voice proponents would create a separate nation within a nation and give more power to a minority based on race. It’s nothing less than Australian apartheid, and will set us back decades.

One Nation wants an end to the useless gestures and symbolism, and wants real action that closes the gaps and empowers Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to prosper. The proposed voice does nothing to achieve this. It will just be more money for a privileged few, another blank cheque for the Aboriginal industry’s gravy train while the violence, poverty and failure of service delivery in indigenous communities continues indefinitely.

That’s something One Nation does not accept. We’re drawing a line in the sand, and we invite you to stand with us".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.