PTX 2.13% 4.6¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Live Investor Briefing - today, page-20

1. 7,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3286
    Here's the La Trobe article about our partnership:-

https://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/announcements/2024/partnering-on-immunotherapy

Info about David Greening:-

https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/david-greening

It was this that caught my eye:-

He leads an innovative research program that seeks to identify mechanisms of cell communication through secreted factors and extracellular vesicles (EVs), and their capacity to regulate various pleiotropic biological processes of target cells through horizontal transfer of protein, DNA and RNA species between cells. This capability highlights their potential as novel targets for disease intervention, drug development and therapeutic applications. Not surprisingly, EVs (exosomes and microparticles among other types of EVs) have emerged as biomarkers for disease diagnosis and prognosis and are being constructed as targeted therapeutics.

We know that Bec is into extracellular viscules, stem cells and all that sort of weird and wonderfull stuff. And, whilst the R&D with La Trobe seems more related to cell therapy, targeted therapies like PTX-100 (which work on inhibitng pathways within the cells), biomarkers can bused as a diagnostic tools:-

Biomarkers are created either by organs that struggle with the disease (e.g., tumors) or by the body in response to various diseases. [2,3]. Biomarkers are used to monitor the development of a disease. Before diagnosis, screening and risk assessment.30 Jan 2023

So, are the apparent connections suggesting that PTX is or has been developing or investigating specific biomarkers for our use in our Phase 2 trial of PTX-100? It's possible, if you are suggesting @dalts66 that the PK-PD analysis has someithing to do with biomarker development or licensing of such technology. The PK-PD analysis was carried out to shed light on the metabolism of the drug and the mechanisms of action going on within the body.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6099/6099885-b8bfe33568392f97e318296748602624.jpg

I'm guessing it was the "Schematic of RhoA protein structure" that you're referring to, Dalts... a guess on my part at this stage. what.png

All I can say is that any developement with regarding biomarkers for PTX-100 would be an absolute boon for PTX and our trial design... not to mention the potential for barnering better results in a Phase 2 trial.

There was a comment made about how professionals in the field find the data interesting from the perspective of what is not known. Either it was the early responses or the number achieving SD and duration... I can't quite remember. The PK-PD analysis probably opened up better understanding of how best to design the trial/s. "Dose range" is something that Steven mentioned in the recent investor briefing which was interesting to hear.

Anyway, I think we could be in for some interesting developments and surprises. Fingers crossed, coz we sure as hell need them. Not that I think we won't granted a registrational trial given that we already have ODD for TCL, data results better than benchmark target and excellent safety profile. What more is there to achieve... umm, convincing trial designs and protocols. Well, I doubt our team will be stuffing that up given the amount of time they're devoting to it. smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $37.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.9¢ 4.6¢ $46.00K 956.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 86350 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 170704 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 4.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 5.0¢ 4.7¢ 566571
Last updated 13.35pm 07/06/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.