Markco,I am astonished, the internet has come back on.It is not...

1. 7,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 512
    Markco,

I am astonished, the internet has come back on.

It is not about East versus West.

A civil war has the people fighting the people in 2 defined groups.

Ukraine is fighting its government's brutal dishonest mafia thuggery. The small group who run things here pocket around $8-10bn per year between them and they have bankrupted the country.

You will notice the people are fighting the forces of the government, Berkut, who are highly paid to protect the government from the people. They have been given complete impunity when fighting terrorism, all at Euromaidan and all who support euromaidan have been officialy declared terrorists. The 20 - 30 000 people in Maidan square are completely surrounded and are being shot at by rooftop snipers with AK47s. Yet still the others try to reach Maidan working on the theory they can't kill all of them.

Putin has offered Yanukovich "Military Aid" and a group of Russian Generals arrive in town today to talk with Yanukovich to discuss what the Russian military can do to help Yanukovich eliminate the terrorists.

It's ok they were invited by Yanukovich so it is not interference such as Putiin holds the USA responsible for.

That's what it is all about. Putin cannot create his Eurasian Union (USSR Mk 2) without Ukraine. Yanukovich is being paid obscene amounts of money to hand Ukraine to Putin. I expect we will have Russian soldiers joining the killing in a day or two.

It is not East / West. It is a final brave attempt to fight off the corrupt brutal ruling family and USSR Mk 2 replace it with a more civil society.

In the mentime central Kiev burns, the churches and cathedrals have beome makeshift hospitals. No point takig the wounded to a real hospital as the Police simply arrest them take them to prison where many of them die from their injuries for lack of treatment.

The Central square Kiev at 05:30 this morning

As always thanks for reading my posts from Kiev.

EB

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.