live video stream from kiev, page-18

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    exberliner1,

Emotions aside as I have already seen footage of protestors and passerbys being shot at by snipers. Perhaps I should have rephrased what I had said earlier in a different way.

When I said East and West. Maybe I should have said the Old and the New instead. Clearly the old Russian influence with
    Yanukovych at the helm doing Putin's bidding is still accepted by a fairly large percentage of the population of Ukraine. For memory I think it was in the vicinity of 37% and mostly East Ukraine where the main language is Russian.

As far as they are concerned they don't want change or to rock the boat. Therefore, it is obvious there is a deep divide within the Ukrainian population itself. I do not see a united Ukraine to topple the elected government. Instead, I see party factions using the people as pawns to oust the government. That is why I also believe the militant protestors are deliberately provoking the situation in order to create a coup. Maybe I am wrong. However, there are major faults on both sides. Who were the snipers that killed police? Were they members of the Berkut?

So far there have been shootings from both sides.
    From my perspective exberliner1, you are living in a divided nation. You can never have freedom if a large percentage of the population does not agree with you and will no doubt rightly or wrongly blame the protestors as the instigators.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.