A Prius seems a bit small to live in for me however there are...

1. 33,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1667
    A Prius seems a bit small to live in for me however there are car parking lots in California where the working poor sleep in their cars or vans then go to work in their cars , and a charity provide a barbecue and communal fridge under a tent in the corner of the car park with portable toilets ,
    I use to have a tent then go to work in San Francisco , so a van to sleep in instead would have been an improvement .

If as a nation we are to compete with the low cost labour of Asia and if productivity per worker does not improve , then reality is it is essential to keep wages low and for that to happen those on low wages needs to have a low cost of living ie by living in vans and having low food costs , be good if politicians also were paid lower so they were forced to live in their cars

I would say you are homeless if forced to live in a car , however a van could be considered a home so living in a van is not homeless , many freedom campers just sleep in their vans , maybe instead of building govt owned housing then the Govt should just build mini cabins or buy used vans from Japan and kit them out with insulation and a bed for Politicians in Canberra to live in their productivity seems low enough to warrant such treatment .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.