Glad to hear it. All the best, but it sounds like you have...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Glad to hear it. All the best, but it sounds like you have things well under control, which is the bottom line.

trendee, your point is quite valid - you can't have 'low fees' and get full value i.e. full interest return on your funds. All super funds cost money to run and they need to make money to pay this years costs and also put money aside for next years capital costs. Some take it from profit, some via reserves (which are usually deducted AFTER the return is declared = sneeky) but either way you pay. Nothing wrong with that, it's a service you are using. My point is that if you actually look at the annual reports and do some sums, you might find that the costs are not always obvious and there is income from insurance rebates (trail commissions??) and other sources that cover some costs. They basically have a different level of disclosure to other funds. SMSF's have a different level again. I bet few people actually add up all their costs for the year (brokerage, bank, audit etc let alone their own time) and calculate that as a % of the fund value to get a comparison cost. Just for the fun of it.

Happy Easter

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.