CRI 8.33% 1.3¢ critica limited

From a Tasmanian newspaper:Noticed Shree Minerals got the EPA...

1. sle
    10,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 349
    From a Tasmanian newspaper:

Noticed Shree Minerals got the EPA tick of approval:

New Tarkine mine closer

BY KATE PRESTT

27 Jul, 2012 12:00 AM

THE Shree Minerals proposed magnetite and hematite mine at Nelson Bay River is one step closer after the Tasmanian Environmental Protection Authority board issued approval conditions yesterday.

Shree Minerals chairman Sanjay Loyalka said the EPA's decision came after a long and rigorous assessment process.

This process looked to confirm the mine would proceed in accordance with best-practice environmental management, including measures to prevent acid drainage, protect and enhance wildlife habitat and minimise roadkill by confining product transport to daylight hours.

Mr Loyalka stressed the footprint of mining was very small in relation to the economic benefits that could be obtained and said the decision represented a balanced approach.

"We are particularly keen to create employment opportunities for young Tasmanians, to allow them to stay and prosper in their own community," he said.

Tasmanian Minerals Council executive director Terry Long said it was welcome news.

"The proposal has obviously been vigorously assessed by the EPA and it will have conditions no doubt, but in general companies are quite happy to meet those because they tend to be sensible arrangements," he said.

The EPA has provided its conditions to the Circular Head Council, which must include them in its planning permit if it approves the mine.

"There will now need to be a very strong reason for the (separate) Commonwealth (assessment) to take another decision given that the assessment has been done in Tasmania," Mr Long said.

"These sort of things demonstrate that the mining industry will have a future, instead of being driven out of the state."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.