LKE 2.50% 3.9¢ lake resources n.l.

LKE..................Chart thread only, page-311

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    guys can we please move away from this 'bots' commentary? it's doing my head in and a bit over the top.

yes algos are prevalent throughout every stock exchange. maybe (maybe?!) present atm on this stock. but really mate chuck a couple dozen stocks on your watch list and pay attention throughout the day and you'll realise algo trading is likely not playing much of a part here, although it is a fact of life on the market.

I initially invested in LKE (4?) years ago, realised in due course that day trading is more my jam and focussed on that. other investors in LKE through that time have possibly evolved too? and no doubt traders (more experienced as well as newbies) have also since discovered LKE from time to time, made a buck and exited, or are still going in and out as I am constantly.

not to be condescending but realise a few things PLEASE:
    1) 'bots' shouldn't be your automatic go-to explanation for sp market fluctuation..
    2) your hypothesis of a number of shares (5m) the 'bot' has to 'play with' is a bit silly tbh, no disrespect intended
    3) if there is one bot there's likely many bots. if an astute enough broker, algo or high frequency trader has identified an opportunity, you can bet your boots another has also. truth is imo most days there isn't high enough trading volume on this stock to warrant a lot of algo trading (not saying there's nonebut there are many better alternatives on offer every day!). many of my long hold stocks are algo traded all day long and trading patterns are vastly different - it ain't this.
    4) bots don't generally force an sp in one direction or the other, more accurately they benefit from movements either way, perhaps focusing on VWAP or EMAS. they are not your nemesis as such, better described as blood suckers along for the ride.. if you're looking for an enemy (not that you necessarily are), it ain't the bots, not even the day traders, it's the shorters, inside traders and pretty much management/board of most small caps on the asx. Steve is one of the rare exceptions to this imo although that changes nothing for me in my approach to my trading. it does make me more likely to hold long in seperate accounts though, as I have done. end of the day the market is what it is. dog eat dog - decide which one you are, or take a bit of both when you understand your opportunities and risk tolerance deeply enough.. also research algo trading...
    5) it takes very little buying/selling for this sp to be impacted. I know there have been days I've traded in and out (as I've said I also hold long in multiple accounts) and been left with no alternative at the end of the day but to inadvertently drive the sp back down to opening sp as I exited a daytrade, in some cases reversing a 10% gain for the day back to opening sp (which sucked).
    6) if I'm responsible for a good chunk of volume on some days and I'm not a particularly big fish, my guess is there's a couple other guys out there that trade LKE often as I do and are like-minded to me. trading a good portion of LKE's volume some days makes me even more confident about the limited role a bot (or bots) may be playing.
    7) LKE is a ripper of a stock with great long-term and short-term prospects. But if the volume and momentum is there then people gonna trade it without giving a f about FA.
    8) Last announcement mentioned approx 7-10 days till next catalyst - LKE has on occasion been late but has seemed to learn its lesson and is now reliably communicative with its share holders imo. no doubt others have noticed this and entered the fray, driving the sp up as I feel will be the case in coming days as well. We are at day 7 today. next few days one can reasonably expect big news flow and great sp catalysts, hence the sp jumps yesterday and today, supporting my arguments above.
    9) big Ann tomorrow or next few days, sp should rocket.

good luck as always to market participants, especially to longs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $63.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $252.3K 6.552M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 492754 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 2454894 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.