LKE 2.63% 3.9¢ lake resources n.l.

The problem with charts and what chartists are looking for is...

1. PDK
    508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 164
    The problem with charts and what chartists are looking for is that the only thing that actually matters is progress. Stocks go up or down not because of chart setup but because of company announcements, good, bad or vague - in our case there were some announcements that left more questions and were silent about matters of interest and high expectations for investors.

Today, we have a problem of a gap between $1.005 and $1.025 therefore traders relying on charts would wait for this gap to close, despite a great announcement and a great opportunity for some to load up at these levels, since even if the gap could close, it may not be with any large volume, and based on the recent announcements and what is expected in the near future it looks like some people are prepared to buy regardless of gaps.

The other issue a chartist may be worried about is that moving averages and in the wrong order i.e. MA 200, 50, 20.
    Ideally, they should be the other way round MA 20 above 50 above 200.

The chart is starting to look better yesterday and today because LKE has managed to break the recent downtrend since 9/9/22 and is above MA 20.

The shorters would still be fairly confident with their price manipulation techniques - cross trades between themselves and algos selling unmarketable parcels of shares at the bid price i.e. 0.5c lower than the most recent transaction.

I strongly believe that investors should avoid holding their shares with brokers who facilitate share lending for short sellers. This "service" is detrimental to the investor but benefits the brokers and short sellers.

Note that shorters have jumped on SYA recently.

I would like to see a series of positive announcements from LKE and possibly additional on market purchases from large investors to see shorters covering in panic.

Shorting stocks in not easy and can be costly.
    In 2020, 57% of all securities shorted lost money and 68% of every dollar bet lost money.
    Equity shorts lost $243 billion in 2020, a return of negative 26%, according to S3 Partners.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.