LKE 6.98% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

If LKE has to shift its operations to traditional ponds due to...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 372
    If LKE has to shift its operations to traditional ponds due to the inconsistent patterns of soil then the Lilac tech will be obsolete but by no means LKE can switch to the orthodox way of extracting LI because the region lacks the necessary water for an operation of that magnitude. The environmental associations will by no means approve the amount of water that LKE requires due to their low-grade lithium brine of 200 mg liter. Many peers of LKE have grades 3-5 times that high. It is the logic itself that LKE competitors will be issued priority extraction licenses. This would mean the tenements of LKE would be at play not earlier than the year 2038 before they would be considered Environmental, Social, and Governance "acceptable". By then the battery technology will have evolved that much, there is a good chance LKE will no longer be a viable option. That being said, if LKE has a small window of opportunity with the LILAC tech, not many people here take into consideration that depending on the geology, the LILAC tech could require up to half the water requirements when comparing the extraction procedure with traditional ponds. But what astonishes me the most is the fact that the LILAC tech requires a lot more than what usually is discussed in finance forums. The costs associated with using the Lilac technology are just not an economically sound model. As for the geopolitical part of the project and the granted licenses of the tenements, there is no guarantee the conditions will change over time, now, tomorrow, or next year. A country like Argentina had has its ups and downs over the last century and a half, many still remember the year 2000 bank run and the collapse of its economy. In today's Argentina people really struggle and the exchange for other valuta "Argentinian peso" has been a great concern for the citizens in that country. The government implemented an exchange rate that is different for each nature of the transaction. It is therefore I wish to correct and make clear to other forum members in here that their claims of the Argentinian Government not nationalizing the LI industry are totally unfounded because nationalizing a good or service can come in many ways or shapes. For example, the EU just imposed a price cap on the import of oil and gas. With regards to Argentina, I hear rumors and like to think internal documents circulate in the highest ranks of gov. that it all will change the way Lithium explorers can operate in that country. Cheers Michel. On my way to my job now, I am already late and my boss is not the friendliest person.

DYOR
    Not investment advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
-0.003(6.98%)
Mkt cap ! $66.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 3.9¢ $753.4K 18.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 731925 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 760271 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.