LKE 1.72% 5.9¢ lake resources n.l.

sowens,Always hard to compare share prices like that. Better to...

1. 3,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2714
    sowens,
    Always hard to compare share prices like that. Better to look at things in terms of Market Cap. At this point in time, VUL has a MC of $752M and LKE has a MC of $388M....slightly over half of VUL. Then consider the other differences regarding the electricity generated, the “zero carbon” angle, the location (Middle of Europe) and all of the support from other European funds and backers and you can begin to see the picture a little clearer. Having said that, LKE are ahead of VUL with bench scale and pilot plant scale testing, purity results and pretty soon, battery test results. VUL still have all of that in front of them.
    I hold both and have been astounded with VUL’s rapid rise. I could not have expected their SP to be around $9 at this time after first purchasing at 29c in May-20. I still believe that both SP’s have a way to go over the next 2-3-4 years but I believe there will be more of a short term rise for LKE in percentage terms during the next 3-6 months with all of the expected news. This will see the MC’s get closer together, at least for the short term. Signed offtakes, timing to production startup, production output and a million other things happening along the way will govern things from there.
    Some have expressed views of the VUL SP being in the vicinity of $40 in the longer term (3-4-5 years). That is between 4 and 5 times where it is now and would imply a MC of around $4B based on SOI of around 100M and not too many more shares issued. For LKE to have the same kind of growth, the SP would need to be in the realms of $1.75 - again in the longer term. That would give a MC of somewhere around $2B - around where ORE is currently.....not inconceivable in 2 or more years if things continue to go right for us. These MC’s may seem far fetched from our current standpoint. There is a lot that is yet to happen to pave the way that level......but, I believe that with the ESG benefits of DLE, the pricing premium of high purity Lithium (Carbonate for LKE and Hydroxide for VUL), the huge projected demand spurred on by EV’s and home storage and the “first mover” advantages for both VUL and LKE, both will be well placed to achieve and possibly even go past those MC’s.
    Just my musings only and not to be considered advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.001(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $97.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.1¢ 5.8¢ $181.4K 3.043M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 773915 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 444830 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.0¢
  Change
0.001 ( 3.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.9¢ 6.1¢ 5.8¢ 1887308
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.