LKE 5.17% 5.5¢ lake resources n.l.

LKE's ECA (Export Credit Agency) Eligibility

1. 16,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2543
    In my honest opinion, please do your own research.

Very little has been disclosed, by way of an announcement to the ASX, regarding LKE's ECA (Export Credit Agency) eligibility.

1. We know international banks support is conditional upon ECA involvement, since:

"Preliminary interest indicated by over half a dozen major international banks with strong experience of funding projects in Argentina subject to support from Export Credit Agencies." (ANN 04 June 2021)

2. We also know LKE claim the Kachi project is eligible for ECA support, since:

"A number of sourcing opportunities have been identified where minimum export content thresholds can be met, making this project eligible for ECA support." (ANN 04 June 2021)

Question 1 -
    With respect to the claim "where minimum export content thresholds can be met", which country is LKE exporting from, and what is the export content thresholds?

I note: "Goods eligible for Ex‐Im Bank financing must be shipped from the United States to an international buyer."

In addition I note: "Eligible exports must (i) be shipped from the U.S. to a foreign buyer; (ii) contain at least 50 percent U.S. content; and (iii) any service‐based exports must be performed by U.S.‐based personnel."

Ref: https://www.wsgr.com/PDFSearch/export-import-bank-financing-programs.pdf

Question 2 -
    Are LKE claiming "Small Businesses" status?

I note:
    "Ex‐Im Bank also relaxes some requirements for small businesses relative to where exported goods are originally manufactured.

- For small businesses, if the product or the aggregate of exported products in a single invoice meets the 50 percent U.S content eligibility threshold, the entire gross invoice value (sales price) is typically eligible for coverage. This means that domestic processing of a foreign‐manufactured good is eligible for Ex‐Im Bank support, as long as the U.S.‐added content exceeds the 50 percent threshold.

- For non‐small businesses, all products itemized on the invoice must be produced or manufactured in the U.S. Therefore, even if the non‐small business adds value to the good that exceeds the 50 percent U.S. content threshold, the value of those exported goods is not eligible for Ex‐Im support."

Question 3 -
    If LKE is deemed to be a "Small Business", which U.S. company will be adding 51% of their domestic product, to meet the minimum export content thresholds, from U.S. soil.

I note: "This means that domestic processing of a foreign‐manufactured good is eligible for Ex‐Im Bank support, as long as the U.S.‐added content exceeds the 50 percent threshold."

Question 4 -
    Is it LKE's intention (if deemed to be a "small business"), to ship product from Argentina to the U.S. , then on-ship that product with 51% added U.S. domestic product, from the United States to an international buyer?

I welcome any meaningful response from others.

In my opinion.

Please do your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.003(5.17%)
Mkt cap ! $91.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 5.9¢ 5.5¢ $272.1K 4.762M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 991729 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 334500 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.5¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 4.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.9¢ 5.5¢ 1618036
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.