CBD 0.00% 1.1¢ cbd energy limited

I really don't understand this company. Perhaps I am...

1. 2,215 Posts.
    I really don't understand this company. Perhaps I am misunderstanding their relationship with Lloyd Energy but you would think something like this would be worthy of an ASX announcement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1916027.htm

Lake Cargelligo chosen as solar energy project trial site

Lake Cargelligo, in central western New South Wales, has been chosen as a trial site to demonstrate more efficient ways of storing solar energy.

Lloyd Energy Systems has received $5 million in federal funding to install solar energy storage systems.

The company will install a high concentration solar tower at its factory in Cooma, and a 16 tower solar array at Lake Cargelligo.

Each solar array will include mirror panels which track and direct sunlight into a 10 tonne graphite block.

It will absorb the heat which can then drive a three megawatt steam turbine to generate electricity.

It is hoped the project will show that high levels of solar thermal energy can be delivered on demand with low storage losses.

The Commonwealth has awarded almost $18 million funding to five projects under its Advanced Electricity Storage Technologies program.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.