UCL 0.00% 30.0¢ ucl resources limited

re: zinc up again but when will ucl go up MHK, plenty of people...

1. 9,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    re: zinc up again but when will ucl go up MHK, plenty of people interested in UCL as evidenced by the volume surge last week on the copper intercept announcement so a rerating is possible. I think though it will be dependant on one of three types of announcements:
    i. certainty re security of Iran. Some change to the international political dynamic which gives peace of mind about Iran's sovereignty
    ii. announcement re clear direction going forward, particularly a path that leads to earlier mining which is clearly a very strong chance of coming to fruition - this would do it even without issue i. because there will be buyers for the output as there is for Iranian oil
    iii. a takeover event. This is a possibility given the presence of Lundin Mining with 20% stake already, 2 board positions and a stated desire to be the number 1 producer in their sector. They have plenty on their plate but control of Mehdiabad would deliver significant gains to them. (Note control of M would be relatively easy - let UCL get to a majority position then takeover).

Trading flurries like last week are nice to see but I'm not placing any store in them yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.