LMG 2.17% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Hello @MgPlumnerSilly of me not to define the 7 years.7 years +...

1. 4,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    Hello @MgPlumner
    Silly of me not to define the 7 years.
    7 years + depending upon dividends and my health, from the final commissioning of the demonstration plant this year.

According to the last schedule, the
    10,000+ tpa in Dec 2025.100,000 tpa in early 2028.

My thoughts are 10,000+tpa by 2026 and the 100,000 tpa by 2029/2030. Then add some time for fine tuning and increasing profitability. There could even the potential for the start of a second plant in Canada, Indonesia, Middle East, etc.

Its a massive market and growth by 2030 is forecast to reach 2M tpa. So all in all, 7 years plus for me, as my confidence builds.

As a side note..

"LMG produces not just magnesium but other valuable saleable products from its feedstock. These products generate some 40% to
    50% of its revenue."
    > SCM
    > Hematite
    > Iron Oxide
    > Ag Lime
    > Char
    > Silica

Predominantly on this Forum, magnesium is the only product discussed but as I have said many times in the past, by-products are just as important. By-products underpin reduction of LMG's magnesium production costs as compared to the majority of global magnesium competitors.

In fact by-products are such a foundation (pun intended) to LMG, I do not believe LMG would be a viable proposition as a producer without them!

"The LMG process of combined hydromet / thermal reduction produces 4.1 tonnes of Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM) per tonne of Mg from Yallourn fly ash."

David Paterson has confirmed that the same percentage of by-products will be produced from using ferro nickel slag as feedstock (Malaysia).

At 45% of revenue the by-products roughly represent:
    > 10,000 tpa+ plant
    $110M+ in revenue @45% =~$49M+
    > 100,000 tpa plant
    $1.1B in revenue @45% = ~$495M

Wowee, that is a heck of alot of by-products to be sold and a massive proportion of LMG's revenue. Pretty darn important to say the least.
    LMG has been scant on proving detail on a (critical) aspect of its entire operations, i.e By-products.

Please excuse my rabbit run, I just tried to save from having a secondary post.

Regards
    Ken

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.001(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $70.94K 1.547M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 564837 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 101 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.