LMG 7.37% 5.1¢ latrobe magnesium limited

LMG opportunity (and risks)

1. 282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    I'm new to this stock but I'm very interested in the long term potential. This how I understand it

- LMG have only to lock in debt financing (highly likely given government support and finance already in place) to build a 1,000tpa Mg plant (or is it a 3,000tpa demonstration plant?)
    - The plant will use brown coal waste to make Mg
    - A big issue is what to do with the waste emissions from this process

At this point the MC is purely based of the potential to get this plant running (and the future potential of growth)
    Once the first plant is built, LMG will be producing EBITA of $4.3m (for the 3,000tpa plant), not a lot

- Once the plant is up and running, profits will be used to expand to a 10,000 tpa, then 40K, then eventually 100k.
    - What is the time frame for this?
    - surely more debt finacing would required which will be serviced from off take profits?

- Estimated EBITA for the fully size plant will be in excess of $400M
    - surely that grows the MC from $230M producing nothing, to a highly profitable producer with a MC in the multi billions?

Government support is highly likely as this will bring more and more jobs back into an area that is losing a lot of mining and power gen jobs. Plus it is export revenue from what is currently waste.
    Risk is the emissions and of course market price/demand movements in Mg. It appears to me NA and Europe are trying to get away from Chinese sourced materials.

Potential Disallowed (or a lot more....) but over what period of time?

(this is just my understanding of the company, not financial advice, do you own research)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.004(7.37%)
Mkt cap ! $98.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $19.59K 391.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49080 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 315923 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.0¢
  Change
0.004 ( 4.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ 147921
Last updated 15.23pm 07/05/2024 ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.