CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

UnstableI let most of your outrageous comments thru to the...

1. 37,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406

Unstable

I let most of your outrageous comments thru to the keeper.

You have to be kidding or very very naive.

1999-2002 was an Ergo technology burn. LNC has spent the past 4 yrs trying to distance itself from that history and in recent weeks has gone to great pains to tell everyone who'll listen how different their technology is.

Well, unless they have perfected the immaculate conception of UCG syngas production without combustion they and CNX and any company undertaking a UCG burn WILL produce benzene and toluene and a few more chemicals in close proximity to the burn zone ... it is expected and it is unavoidable and it is inconsequential.

What matters is whether there are any potential pathways for any localised burn contamination to see the light of day.

A well sited, well planned burn will be located within a geologically and hydrogeologically stable environment. Out in the midst of a sedimentary basin there is likely to be little or no hydraulic gradient and therefore groundwater may be stationary or moving at centimetres per year.

Being the within the centre of a sedimentary basin, the groundwater in the burn seam will never naturally see the light of day as the same strata is at higher elevations towards the basin perimeter.

The only feasible contaminant pathway is a groundwater bore extracting water from the same coal seam.

Lets say the nearest bore is 500m from the burn zone and there is a directional groundwater flow towards the bore at say a snappy 20cm per year ... well assuming no dilution by flow attenuation and assuming no natural breakdown of the burn contaminants, it would be 2500 years until any contamination reached the bore!

There is no doubt a state database of registered groundwater bores and for a fee of say $50 anyone (in NSW at least) can get a file of bore drilling and water quality records within a given radius of a requested location ... I'll bet my left one there wont be a lot of registered bores within any proximity to the Kingaroy burn, and those that are are likely to have terminated in different aquifers well above the Kingaroy burn seam and that the natural baseline water quality is lousy and suited only to stock in most cases.

LNC and CNX both now have to submit a statement of environmental effects, as does CXY.

Please dont treat CXY shareholders as fools .... reserve that treatment for the Qld Labor Party and its puppydog government regulators.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.