LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

lnc might have just won the oil lottery, page-7

1. 863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    dicko, imbiber,anyone,
    Re Shale oil (not talking conventional oil,yet):
    Linc started poking around with experimental test holes in 2009 with the dripping Maglia 1. They drilled again in 2011 with Haystack 1, William Ck 1, WirrangullaHill 1/1A, Arckaringa 1 & I think Cootanoorina 2. Plus during that time they accessed Seismic 2D. So I'm happy to assume they got some good signs of what they were seeking. That was the types of Kerogen. They now say it is what we want. Lots of type 2. It wont gush out oil by drilling a core. They've sent the core samples to the labs for expert opinion on what is trapped in the siltstones etc, and I presume they have since been advised of some of the potential. Hopefully they soon find an expert partner to frac some of this stuff & get it to release its shale oil.Someone is already doing something similar (experimentally?) for Santos , Beach & AWE(Perth basin).

I note that the Patersons bloke was harping on remoteness. maybe he hasn't heard of Alaska. But the Cooper basin is fine, he says. Thats not remote. GLTAH, Japes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.