LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

A well researched piece to be sure. Well done.I liked what you...

1. 2,656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399

A well researched piece to be sure. Well done.

I liked what you put in about challenging management.

My concern about them is in the last part of the article you included with your post

"All projects have announced massive cost reductions and the shifting behaviour of LNG buyers towards smaller volumes and/or shorter periods, with greater flexibility in pricing and destination, makes oil majors likely to be the suppliers of the future, thanks to their ability to access finance via balance sheet debt and their LNG portfolio trading capabilities. New financing models are proposed (e.g. Tellurian), which may attract a new class of investors, such as sovereign and private investment funds. Financing by Chinese banks and companies is rising. Chinese companies are expected to be major off-takers and investors in many projects, but outside the US from the time being."

It seems we are not part of any of the groups that are most likely to succeed ("majors", "financing innovators", "outside the US to attract the Chinese"). 

I think that is the crux of the challenge to put to GV. Why is he so confident of the business as usual strategy? It would be seem to me that difficult as it may given our financing plans we need to be open to at least the "finance innovators" category?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.