LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

LNG macro analysis, page-1312

1. 5,628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3073
    Top trade adviser says Trump still open to breakthrough at G-20 meeting

WASHINGTON — A top White House adviser on Tuesday voiced skepticism over this coming weekend’s meeting between President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping, suggesting the two leaders may not be able to resolve their escalating trade fight.

“I don’t know if the Chinese take him seriously. They ought to,” National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow told reporters at the White House. The two leaders will meet Saturday night at the Group of 20 summit in Buenos Aires.

“I am very disappointed and I know the president is extremely disappointed, and hence the dinner on Saturday night…is an opportunity to turn a new page, break through,” Kudlow said. “President Xi can step up and come up with some new ideas for us.”

Kudlow’s comments are the second signal in two days that the meeting may end in failure.

Monday, Trump told The Wall Street Journal that it was “highly unlikely” that he would suspend an increase in tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods to 25%, now scheduled for Jan. 1. The president also threatened to put tariffs on the remainder of Chinese imports.

Later, at a White House press briefing, Kudlow suggested that Trump remained open to a breakthrough with China, saying the president told aides that “a deal can be made.”

An expanded version of this report appears on WSJ.com.

www.marketwatch.com/story/larry-kudlow-says-china-ought-to-take-trump-seriously-voices-skepticism-over-trade-deal-2018-11-27

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.