LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

LNG macro analysis, page-1595

1. 942 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1148
    Monsters, I'm aware of W.R.'s miles and miles comment but my point was that it's a commodity like soybeans which is on top of the high volume, abundant list available to be sold into China which is why it gets mentioned so much in general commentary. Resolving the whole trade issue could take years for all we know with IP theft and forced technology transfer being the most difficult to solve, let alone how it will be enforced. Putting a dent in the trade imbalance will be no skin off any Chinese noses and is something that can be pretty well enacted fairly quickly without too much trouble and easily measured by both countries although in reality will take time for the figures to show concrete results. Again an easy first step which will most likely involve LNG. Trump will want some form of initial "victory" to gain a distraction from other events not working in his favour. 

I see no reason why the whole 8.8 couldn't be done in one hit given the voracious appetite of the Chinese. Biggest deal in a long while? Yeah, could well be, so?  It's certainly not out of the realms of possibility. These days the Chinese like to be the biggest in everything. My personal preference would be in a few stages of 2 -3 Mtpa at a time as I think we would achieve a higher share price over a period of however many months as holding positions are traded and  built upon as other institutions inevitably jump on board. Definitely potential for a bigger and more sustained Timbogold melt-upI. If it gets sold in one hit then certainly the share price will skyrocket but may drift down a little quicker as the anticipation factor will have gone in the short term but with an FID rebound to follow. At the end of the day though, I don't care just so long as it happens!

If we have to only wait until April as you mentioned for any of the scenarios put forward by either of us to eventuate then I have no doubt that you, me and every other shareholder will be ecstatic and a damned sight better off than we are now and as Foxdog has pointed out a number of times before, will be life changing for many people. Given the size of my own holding, that applies to me as well. Best of luck to all of us for the week ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.