The trouble with education at tertiary (and I mean University...

1. 6,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    The trouble with education at tertiary (and I mean University really) level has been devalued and dumbed down so that ever more increasing numbers can achieve results.

Your diagram above is quite eloquent in a confronting type of way and tbh spot on. Degrees nowadays aren’t anywhere near as hard as they used to be because we need to get that 20-25% limit through the Sausage machine. It used to be between 5%-9% were considered there or thereabouts school educated for progression to Uni. So has the human brain suddenly evolved much faster over the last 20 years or so or have the standards dropped so low that 25% can now be described as ‘fit for Uni’.

It’s another bodge and ‘industry’ that is actually to the detriment of our society long term. That’s why we have Uber drivers with degrees as well, as for poor immigration based on cobblers.

And as Pinto states, we don’t do arts anymore. My grammar school years were full of arts and classics as well as the bread and butter maths, languages and sciences.

Another fiasco that pros up a feeble economy based on no real substance. It is a real shame.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.