LNP Grills Bullock, page-53

1. 44,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day stayer...... labour shortages AND immigration both inflationary? immigration is filling labour shortages and the Abbott-instituted demand from universities for o/s students to provide their funding. not so many of the migrant intake were tourists or family reunions y'know. many were left over from the Dutton abandonment and de-staffing of the immigration department described by the incoming ministers after the election.

much of the external inflation pressures have eased, except it seems building supplies which we used to access from Aus sources, now supplied by o/s businesses. the internal inflation is mostly insurances, increased due to increasing severe weather disasters, and rental rates pushed by 3 factors - covid abandonment of share houses, increasing interest rates and increasing insurance costs.

"belted by inflation" - whacked over the head and kicked while we're down might also suit the impact. yep its been pretty hard on at least half the population. but at least the Govt has tried several measures to reduce the cost of living without adding inflationary pressures.

hahhehe... but I still don't get what you mean by a "fw decision". was my guess correct or did you have something else in mind?

commodities? I thought the Chinese increasing their imports of Aus goods might help. we'll see what happens in the future, but imo we can expect a volatile market with China still prickling at every announcement the feel embarrassed by and Trump possibly taking over next year. "patchy" is likely the best word to describe the markets.

I hope your day goes well stayer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.