CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

lnp on cougar and derm decision, page-2

1. 37,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    BJ

Good find, thanks.

Yes the LNP are now on record as saying "We don't know why they (Cougar) would have been allowed to come into this part of the world in the first place". However I see mostly encouragement:

# First and foremeost it is about the most even handed comment I have read about Cougar from inside Qld politics

# The current Labor govt would fight Cougar tooth n nail so as to not lose case and face ... many egos, reputations and careers are at risk

# An incoming LNP govt "sees" that the case was handled badly by Labor and would lose no face if Cougar were to win compensation against DERM and various officials "if the court should find the company had any legal rights"

# A win win for an incoming LNP govt would be Cougar being compensated appropriatley (because of their legal rights) and Cougar either voluntarily or by orders vacating the Coolabunia site. In this way the LNP can sheet (and resheet) (and continue to resheet) the blame home to Labor and be the hero of the people of Kingaroy

# A Cougar win would also give an incoming LNP govt all the basis it needs to honor an election promise to shake up and restructure DERM

# If Cougar wins compensation due to the courts recognising their legal rights and voluntarily walks from Coolabunia, then I feel

a) the compensation will be significantly higher than $34mill and

b) the compensation might (might have to?) include non cash inducements like fast tracked approval for a trial burn at say Wandoan.

There is much that is not written between the lines in that LNP statement imo.

Cheers
    Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.