SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Loading up the truck, page-3720

1. 3,827 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    The shape and numbers of the results is already known from last week. There's no big upside surprise or downside surprise. The results are not good at all - terrible in fact - but this is already priced in, hence my "haves" / "have nots" characterisation - there's winners and losers in the pre- or post-March shareholders, the former have been shafted - the latter done very well.

Tomorrow looking for:
    - cash flow, including forensic details how changing last few months
    - details of UK "fruit" (perhaps some of this fruit is in last two months post-formal reporting but can be explained in commentary)
    - Lord forbid, some kind of guidance FY17
    - the Ace: top management change*

The conference call afterwards with analysts will be more important than the actual results because of the commentary and Q&A.

I think if the news tomorrow goes really well could see it back in high 60s*, disappointing on these dimensions above back in high 40s. It's delicately poised. But it is not going out of business yet so there's a floor on downside.

The dampener is, based on last week's news, MB will almost certainly be filing the CA any time - and this could be announced very soon. The hoopla with this CA will likely cause a short term share price hit when it actually happens.

* I agree with @Londoner and Jim that AG going with credible replacement would open up the 'buy' button to instos again and, with other favourable details, could see a bigger run than high 60s tomorrow on this news

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.