AJA 0.00% $7.23 astro japan property group

highlanda, regulator and othersThanks for teh validation...

1. 3,760 Posts.
    highlanda, regulator and others

Thanks for teh validation there.

Super. Not offended by your views, but yeah maybe you skewed my words a tad.

I don't have a "personal" opinion as to whether trading versus investing is good or bad.

HOWEVER.....

I do believe you should call a spade a spade.

The expression about "faring as well or better" did not seek to raise the status of an investor over that of a trader. It's an expression as to the validity of both if anything. Again, however, an Investor is a particular type of thing/behaviour and a Trader is another particular type of thing/behaviour. They are NOT the same. Even though you could be talking about the same thing.

Look at the headlines for the last 20 years. An "Investor" does not stop-out or bail out or trade out of the market. A trader does this. Either successfully or unsucessfully. An "Investor" sits and holds and buys more when/if they can. Sometimes they buy NAB shares at $2.70 and sometimes they buy HIH shares.

Example: Many of you would know that there are Style Biases" with "investing". ie Value vs. Growth.

A Value Investor/Fund Manager could hold Telstra Shares for instance on the basis that they see Long Term value.

A Growth Investor/Fund Manager could hold Telstra Shares for instance on the basis that they see Long Term Growth.

Two different strategies/same objectives.

Still further the same "Investor"/Manager could have one of each fund and hold Telstra in both of those funds.

I have a parcel of AJA (and CER and NAB) shares that I will hopefully never have to sell. However, I have traded AJA and CER portions (quite successfully). WITHOUT THE AID OF A CHART!!!

I am no BS'er. I have traded my trading parcel of AJA shares 18 times. No chart. Successfully traded for additional stock with same principal 16 times. Of the two times I "failed", one was about 6,200 shares and the other was about 400 shares. And this second time was effectively break even. THe 400 shares that I had to forgo was to cover the cost of brokerage.

No chart!. This is how I do it, here are my personal rules:

1. The mood of the day
    2. The depth. I can tell the BS or Prop orders
    3. Never try to buy at what I perceive is the day's low
    4. Never push to sell at what I perceive is the day's high
    5. Only when I have the time
    6. This is not my bread and butter
    7. Sell then buy not the other way around

Cheers and Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.