An experienced broker may be able to secure u a better rate than...

1. 17,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    An experienced broker may be able to secure u a better rate than just walking into the branch.

By walking into one bank you are limiting your choice to compare unless u go and see a few diff banks.

We are all rate concious, however the biggest thing I can say is that the rate should not be the determining factor in finding a homeloan.

Its the type of loan structure suitable to your situation that is of most importance.

The rate is then the determining factor once you have decided on the correct loan type.

Barry............nice to hear from you, hope your well.

.5-.8% is about the norm for a discount from the big 4 banks for anyone with a bit of equity or a high income earner.

Playing one off against another is a good way to go, again its the features of the loan that should be considered paramount when deciding on the loan type to suit you.

I noticed One Direct is giving 1% off the current variable rates of the big 4.....thats not bad.

My rate is a web based company run through ING that has great rates with no fees...worth a look.

Perhaps you could come back with the rate you have been offered by your chosen lender and we can give you some further advice as to whetehr that rate is favourable at the moment.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.