s4076241 can't say that I'm real experienced at this, but have...

1. 139 Posts.
    s4076241 can't say that I'm real experienced at this, but have found in the past that sometimes brokers have some pretty good deals being offered to them by the banks and sometimes you can do just as well yourself.

Just depends on timing I guess eg the last house I bought I was 2 weeks late in March last year for a 6.99% fixed for 10 years only deal from the NAB broker told me. He also said that from time to time one lender or another will decide to buy business and offer a certain amount of money at a deal and when it's all lent the deal is finished.

Just give both ways a go and see where you can get the best for your requirement. Also I think that brokers in Australia get paid buy the banks over the life of the loan.Have used brokers on two occasions and never had to give them any money up front for their service

Bandwagonjumper what they offered me was just .8 off instead of .7 off their standard variable rate for the $350 a year package that you get over $150k, It will be which ever rate that one normally is. I have read a bit about what you are talking about on the CBA site but I don't know which one this is as far as that goes.

At the end of the day I just use the not very technical how much per week and yearly costs check to compare one against another making sure that the time frame and amount is the same for the comparison, eg 30 yr loan with CBA on weekly takes about 21yrs 6mths vs a full 30 years with ANZ who drop the payments so it goes 30 yrs.

All the best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.