A2M 2.89% $6.77 the a2 milk company limited

Local Fresh Product, page-21

1. 549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I only mentioned taste because someone higher in the thread commented that A2 milk tastes better and I was making the claim people who think this probably only think it because they belong to the aspirational class - the type of people who aren't actually rich but buy a rolex because they think that's what rich people actually spend their money on (hint - they don't). They just want others to perceive them as complicated as a glass of fine wine or perhaps milk in this case. "You can't taste the difference in this milk? Gee, you really are a classless pleb, huh?" or something along those lines.. it's signalling if anything.

More to your point - if A2 milk is not about the supposed taste but health benefits (and I guess people with a gluten intolerance and autistic kids need something new to latch on to..), there is nothing stopping competitors advertising their milk contains the A2 protein, which some already do. A2 Milk have a patent on the testing of the cow, not the selling of A2 based milk.

I think it fair to attribute an unwell/bloated feeling to a person's entire diet, and not their milk consumption. Alcohol, ciggs, sugar, salt, over eating, and a sedentary lifestyle are proven to contribute to feeling unwell/bloated, and not so much consumption of A1 based milk products.

That, in my mind, is the logic of the situation. Of course, consumers act on impulse and piss their money away on all sorts of rubbish. The big question though - for how long that can be sustained with a premium milk product when we're facing some rough times ahead. Most of the talk here is in regards to the baby formula but that's not even their primary business.

Milk for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.