AJX 4.35% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

Local Greer News?, page-16

1. 83,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    thanks Frank,

the pace of material development is really going fast now and will just get faster -

have a look at this - glass (sort of glass) made of wood.

http://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...nsparent-wood-that-can-build-stronger-windows

All these weirdo materials that, some of which will revolutionize (probably more accurately evolutionise) some industries or parts of.

A lot of them are highly flammable though - and AJX will be a solution for some of them - perhaps a great deal of them.

I get the feeling we have only scratched the surface of plastics even though the stuff is already ubiquitous. I would seriously doubt if we will see a vehicle with a steel skin in half a century - perhaps even 20 years. Plastic is cheap, lighter in some of the new materials and stronger - why wouldn't the world change to it - as long as the problems with it are reduced or removed - recyclability, toxicity, flammability and the like.

Alexium will have competition in many areas of polymers - and, definitely in the building industry - but, if they just get a reasonable percentage - the market is just massive.

One thing we Aussies just don't get here is scale.

I looked at the size of the BMW plant in Greenville - can't remember how big it is now - but, it sounded about as big as Tasmania - ok, perhaps a tad smaller - but, you get the drift.

That's what this market penetration stuff is all about when you have a new technology at a better price --------- we can fiddle and fight about how many million short we are on a 4C or if we make our ??? whatever millions for the year or how far we fall short or do better - but, the reality is that if you are in the market and the products are being accepted - and there isn't any other realistic competition - and the legislation is going your way --------- well??????????
    What's 2 weeks or 3 months or 6 months etc. etc.

It's just a matter of when something big floats up the driveway ------------ of course as long as you stay viable - that is important.

I was talking, or more importantly - listening to Parsifal this morning and she was saying about sentiment and if it got to the 40's etc. - if Nick didn't have a good report read or didn't make this or that - what would happen to the stock - well, I guess it depends on how bad.
    But, I said - if it's just ok or fine ---------- and, say for instance we stick around this 50 mark for a while ----------- how would the stock react to a large deal that locks in say 5 or 10 mil a year with the expected sales of say??? I don't know - 50 mil. a year with high margin - what will the stock do on the day then?

There are two points really there - one - is the question of the stock - but, the other point really is - that that sort of thing is really possible - because once you have penetrated markets with new technology ----------- then, really - long large sales time or not --------- anything can happen - almost at any time.

I cannot for one second think that someone like Du Pont or similar - don't know exactly what we have got and how good or bad it is ---------- one watches competitors like a hawk.

Take the flame retardant nylon issue ---------- someone has thrown 10's of - possibly hundreds of millions of dollars at trying to achieve that for 'decades' - then, some company does it------
    is there anyone on the planet who thinks - they would just sit back and have a coffee and say - 'oh, well'.
    No way - they would be all over it - I bet there is a bug in BB's showerhead (na, cancel that thought) - but, you know what I mean.

All this new technology - you can see it everywhere - not just what AJX is interested in - phones, military, materials, energy - anything where there is massive development in huge industries - the game is big - and, 'big' is not a big enough word ------ many of these industries are multi billion dollar -

Some change very slowly ---------- ??? from memory Parsifal was telling me about the adoption of PVC pipe the other day - something like it took 20 years to be accepted ----------- but, others are very fast.

From what I see here - plastics are booming - changing life all around us - but, AJX isn't into polymers ---------- it's in to making polymers more safe, more usable etc. -- that's the trick - you aren't into new markets as such - like changing from ceramic pipes to PVC.
    It's an interesting stage in history for humans - and one of the major reasons it is interesting is because of the march of materials ---

the trick for young companies is to have the products - and stay viable - get the penetration and the credibility - the rest should follow all by itself

well, that's my opinion anyway.

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $17.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $2.2K 199.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 4732035 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 136955 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.50am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.