CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Local sentiment

1. 7,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    Having grown up in a rural area and also lived in the South Johnstone shire for 8 years I cant help wondering what the locals feel about the venture, and there is one figure that has been popping up in my mind the last few days, "800,000"

QBL wants to dig up 800,000 tonnes a year of what is now farming land and truck it off to Mourilyan Harbour. 800'000 tonnes removed would make quite a sizeable hole which QBL has said it will restore. Where are they going to get 800'000 tonnes of new soil from?

Im not sure how many tonnes a truck can carry, but lets just say 10 tonnes. That would mean 80,000 road trips back and forth along local roads. And if they bring in new soil that's another 80'000 road trips.

This is lovely coastal land farmed by the same families who have lived and worked in the area for generations. If QBL can convince these people that it will be worthwhile for the community then they will have done very well, but is it going to benefit the local community enough to justify the obvious disruptions it will cause.

Mining and farming has never been a popular combination.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.