No you've got it wrong. What you are saying is that random walk...

1. 1,383 Posts.
    No you've got it wrong. What you are saying is that random walk is the thing. Based on that, you must accept Black-Scholes probabilities that the stocks will go below a certain point in a certain time. Depending on volatilities, that probability might be greater than 0.5, but it is probably a lot less.

So if random walk holds, then the chance that I can make accurate predictions consistently using head and shoulders is very low, tending to zero according to the number of predictions I make and how far out of the money they are. Eventually, the probability that I am just a lucky guesser will fall to one in a zillion - and as I wont be making any money I'll give up long before that.

But you have to start somewhere, and four confirmed H&S was a good place.

But you know, you should have accepted that bet, because both BHP and BBG had only been below the neckline for a couple of days, not long enough for a proper confirmation - and now they have jumped back up again so I have to withdraw them from the list.

Anyway, it will be worth keeping an eye on the predictions - if they are hopelessly wrong, you will be able to say I told you so.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.