TLS 0.25% $4.02 telstra group limited

lock and load, page-21

1. 358 Posts.
    Just to clarify some incorrect info here...

If you short you will pay the div out of your account (CFD's etc). It will only be the div of 14c...not 20c that has been stated.

And, if you go long via CFD accounts, you get paid ON ex Div date, not the month or so down the track. It may be late in the hday however so have free capital to manage that short term loss.

So, you get the SP hit but have to cover until the money is paid. I did this last time and was hit re TLS...the payment was at the end of the day, while the SP dropped a lot more that the 14c itself and down the ex div price not going there again with TLS. I put this out there as a warning to those over leveraged...speaking from experience ;)

I hate to back Ryan and his subtle outlook (your smashed heading made me laugh) but i am shorting today pre ex date to make the dif in profit. I have plenty of free capital and happy to risk after this great but very overbought run short term. I think the SP will take a while to hit the bottom (couple of weeks at least) but will be going long no doubt then again.

Sorry to be telling you probably what most don't want to hear, but previous history sets this up well. Things have changed re NBN, but not enough to avoid this.

I am bullish LT still, this is just a trade.

Good luck all, see you on the other side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.02
Change
0.010(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $46.44B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.00 $4.03 $3.98 $122.4M 30.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 31712 $4.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.02 64418 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.