Re "This is global reset that we have been threatened with for...

1. 6,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Re "This is global reset that we have been threatened with for decades and the fact that they use a virus scare to accomplish it is almost beside the point. "

It does seem to follow that pattern. I can't help thinking about the slowly rising panic in January this year when we first started seeing the alarming footage from China. We all wondered what was going to happen.

Back then, I wonder what action we would have anticipated being taken upon being told that, for every 100,000 people in Melbourne, 2.4 would die from covid and that most of that 2.4 would be individuals over a certain age and vulnerability that successive governments have routinely ignored in previous years?

I guess we'd all have different thoughts, but I doubt many would have predicted in January that the death of 0.0024% of the population of Melbourne ( and no one below 40 years old ) would have led to the shutdown of the economy, the closing down of schools, the concentrated media coverage of the virus, and the first curfew ever to be imposed on the citizens of Melbourne. 7 months later and so many are embracing this economic and social paralysis as our last roll of the dice, I can't help thinking we are being led down the garden path here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.