There has to be some entry point to reason in this. I think it...

1. 6,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    There has to be some entry point to reason in this. I think it is possible people can be fooled. I notice Sweden is again under attack from the media. Here's some very simple facts about Sweden.

Daily death rates are low as of reports yesterday, some days there are zero deaths.
    As of the end of July, 625 people below the age of 70 have died => 0.0061% of the population.
    Sweden did not address the impact on their older population, something all nations should consider - covid or no covid.
    They have been more successful in dealing with the crisis than the locked down nations of Britain and Spain.

Finally,

This time last year who would have thought a pandemic in Sweden would become something that kills
    0.0061% of the population under 70 ,
    0.0007% of the population under 50,
    0.00025 of the population under 40
    and 0.000097 of the population under 20?

Is this really worth the damage to the health of people isolating, not visiting their doctors, not exercising, not attending school, destroying the economic prospects of the younger generation? If we understand the data (which we are not allowed to discuss) we can identify those at risk and take the appropriate measures. Instead, we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.