Scroll up and watch the video with the charts and data! The...

1. 13,169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8019
    Scroll up and watch the video with the charts and data!
    The second wave is nonsense - it’s a wave of cases due to testing, not a wave of deaths as some assume or like to portray.
    Look at those charts of cases vs deaths. Cases surging “again”, deaths NOT.
    The shape of the curve is typical and predictable.
    The early modelling was WAY off and the reality was WAY under even the “best case” scenario projected.
    Some “experts” stuffed up and caused much unnecessary fear and panic.

“if you don't have a clear answer and I don't have a clear answer - even with the benefit of hindsight - then, I really think comments on the poor buggers who are on the ground having to make decisions is a bit rude.”

You’re kidding right?
    Those “poor buggers” can snap their fingers and have a team of experts from many relevant fields around the table almost instantly. They effectively have access to the combined knowledge and insight of whoever they want to work with to develop a practical and effective solution to this that weighs the various critical factors.
    The point about Dan’s curfew is not a seperate issue at all - it clearly highlights that there are STILL baseless calls being made that cause more harm than good, and are not guided by the best science and evidence. They are fumbling around in the dark and passing off all responsibility to the “health experts” when this is NOT the only factor that must be considered.
    Yes I agree a cautious approach is warranted in the early stages of such an unknown threat, but jeepers there is a lot more information now, and there are MANY professors etc from all around the world speaking up about the measures which are ineffective or on balance detrimental - but they still aren’t listening.

I assume you’ve seen the vic police videos showing cops gone wild on their power trip of “no mercy” at the direction of the premier in the name of people’s “safety”. Yeah, no thanks. One terrible outcome of misplaced fearmongering. They could change it today, but back-pedalling will only expose their previous actions as flawed, so they proceed with protecting their own egos now. It is actually quite sad.

“the bugger about these things is that you still won't know for a long time if they've got hidden horrors.”

I’ll remember that phrase when they come knocking with an injection to “solve all my covid worries”. Thanks!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.