CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Locke makes £200m move for UK petrol station chain, page-3

1. 3,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    Interesting connection Syn. However I have a few doubts. Looking at Teslas planned expansion of their charging stations across the US and Europe, it appears that the stations are being easily setup in any carpark within reasonable proximity to the grid. Tesla pays for customers to recharge, so I can't see the cost of electricity being a large concern to them at this stage.

Old service stations usually have varying degrees of contamination issues from leaking tanks and lines. The cost of remediation is often greater than the value of the land. Tesla is planning to convert its charging stations into battery swap stations. This may involve some excavations, or some kind of ramp system. I doubt they would be interested in old service stations with contamination issues, when they can easily buy a block of carspaces and build/install a swap station connected to the grid. Most likely prefab and shipped across the globe.

So Locke has bought 500 old service stations. Lets say he installs 5 bluegens at each site. So 2500 units @ $25k each equals $62.5 million. How will he compete with Tesla who pay for unlimited recharges at the moment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.