CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Locke makes £200m move for UK petrol station chain, page-4

1. 2,643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Thanks peter.farmer,

Drivers of EV cars will want to know where to "fill up".  If a petrol station brand had the charging capability across all stations, it would become know to EV drivers as a convenient charging point.

Charging of 20 minutes for and additional 240km seems pretty good to me.  While Tesla's superchargers are solar powered DC systems, I assume there is battery storage (of the solar) of which normal AC supply or fuel cells could be used for low carbon "blue" energy if it was to be a selling point for low sunshine UK.

http://www.teslamotors.com/charging#/onthego
    The Tesla Supercharger recharges Model S quickly. Super quickly. Superchargers are for refueling quickly on road trips. A Supercharger can replenish half the battery in as little as 20 minutes. All Model S vehicles with the 85 kWh battery can use Superchargers as can properly equipped 60 kWh battery vehicles. Superchargers will be positioned at convenient locations along major interstates throughout the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S
    Supercharger

The Supercharger is a proprietary DC rapid-charging station that provides almost 100 kW of power, giving 85 kW·h vehicles an additional 150 mi (240 km) of range in about 30 minutes. In the West Coast corridor the Superchargers are powered by a solarcarport system provided by SolarCity. Eventually, all Tesla stations will be solar powered.
    Supercharging hardware is standard on 85 kW·h vehicles and optional on 60 kW·h vehicles. The Roadster is not compatible.[78][79][80] In early November 2013, Tesla reported that 90% of its customers had opted for supercharging capability.[82]

Again speculation.

Cheers
    SynQuasi

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.