WDS 0.14% $28.21 woodside energy group ltd

Locked out of PNG, page-15

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    I am assuming that this formation is on the land (based on a quick google search). If so, then I need to come back to WPL's strengths and core skill set. Let me try and explain:-
    WPL has a skill set in developing offshore gas and oil discoveries and running large LNG facilities that sell the gas overseas. Their engineering, process control and marketing all revolve around this core competency. An onshore Hydraulic fracturing operation would be new to WPL. While this is not an impediment to progress, from a strategy perspective, I would suspect that it would be lower down the "want" list than some of the offshore stranded gas deposits that could be developed and tied back to existing infrastructure.
    So, I would have to argue that it is not an ideal project for WPL. I have not reviewed or studied this deposit or BRU, but if you can tell me how is BRU planning on converting the gas resource to cash flow, then it may shed some light on whether this is also a stranded asset or whether BRU has a plan.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.21
Change
-0.040(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $53.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.53 $28.57 $28.21 $128.2M 4.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 63674 $28.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.23 18595 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.