NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Lockyer Deep - From the horse's mouth OR What the JV partner really thinks about Lockyer Gas, page-220

1. V10
    137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 522
    Hi Alex,
    You are correct with 2D seismic data. You can get field brute stacks from individual lines plus with current processing technology, a very rapid first look. I have done this myself, but quality is not the best.

But with 3D data, you are dealing with what is called a bin of data, that has to be processed as a whole
    So I cannot see that there would be any processed first pass bin of data from the Minres 3D data set yet. Most North Perth Basin 3D is being processed in Canada.

I would expect based on the Bookara 3D that Triangle carried out next door and its processing time line, that you wouldn't see any first pass 3D until 3Q 2023 and final migrated depth data till 4Q 2023 for final interpretation around 1Q 2024. There are some quick look 3D processing systems around like Total Depth uses.

But no, I do not suspect Minres geofizz is poring over final time migrated or depth migrated post stack Roccoco 3D data in a secret back room in the Minres Palace saying to CE, 'we can't let any one else see these ubeaut results showing Kingia amplitude anomalies out the wazoo over Lockyer Deep and Lead E, including Norwest!'

Just my two cents worth and there may be more learned and knowledgeable geofizzs currently working and posting on HC who can enlighten us further.
    DYOR

By way of illustration, here is an ASX released image of Triangle's Bookara 3D processing sequence and effect on 3D seismic data with the 3D PSDM, being obviously the most processed and best 3D data on which to make an interpretation compared to the original 2D data. How anyone found anything on 2D data of the quality shown is a surprise to me! Note that the surface limestone conditions vary around the North Perth Basin and greatly affect the seismic signal returning to the geophone arrays at the surface and hence final processed seismic line data quality.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5062/5062853-08d23df742117229910087e1cfcf15c3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.