SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

logan county

1. 2,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 268
    Hey guys/gals,

I Thought I'd post one of my findings from some SEA Mississippian research I did a little while ago, which has alot of relevance with binbin's positive article posted on the RFE forum.

Basically I was trying and find out where SEA were leasing in the Mississippian, outside of their South Goltry Prospect in Alfalfa County and I came across a Logan County court case, (in Logan County) involving Osage Exploration, who took Sundance Energy Inc and Jackford Land Inc (A private US company) to court over a minor leasing dispute. Also in last December's quarterly (cash flow report) it states that SEA had acquired leases in a prospect called 'NW Mulhall' (Mulhall is a town in Logan County).

Here is the link:
    http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?viewtype=&submitted=true&casemasterID=64614&db=Logan

So it's clear that Sundance Energy, Inc. have acquired some leases in Logan County, and obviously this is overlapping some of Osage Exploration's leasing area (considering the leasing dispute). Logan County is the location of Devon's first horizontal Mississippian well and also Osage Exploration's first horizontal Mississippian well, and both of these wells have had amazing results so far (especially Osage's).

From binbin's article posted on the RFE forum:

"US player Osage Exploration and Development reported solid results from its first horizontal well in the liquids-rich Mississippi Lime play in Oklahoma, sending the company’s shares up more than 18%.

The Wolf 1-29H, part of the Nemaha Ridge project located in Logan County and operated by privately held Slawson Exploration, hit a 72-hour initial production rate of over 1185 barrels of oil equivalent per day with 85% oil.

The well, drilled to a vertical depth of 5816 feet with a 4104-foot lateral and stimulated with a 12-stage frac, produced an average of about 876 boepd in the first 30 full days, Osage said.

“The initial production at the Wolf is among the highest in the horizontal Mississippian play to date,” said Osage chief executive Kim Bradford. “More significantly, the economics of the well due to the percentage of crude oil versus natural gas and our initial 50% water cut are unsurpassed to our knowledge.”

The well results spurred Osage’s shares to a 52-week high of $1.30 in over-the-counter trade on Monday morning – 18.18% higher than Friday’s close.

Osage owns a 25% working interest (19.5% net revenue) in the Nemaha Ridge project. Slawson is the operator with a 45% interest. US Energy Development Corporation owns the remaining 30%.

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article1245455.ece"

Additionally, Logan County is where Devon's first Mississippian well IP'd at 960 boepd (80% oil) and had a 30 day rate of 590 boepd (80% oil).

http://shale.typepad.com/mississippian_oil_play/2012/02/devon-energy-reports-production-on-matthews-1h-well.html

In non-sharemarket news, Lest We Forget the ANZAC's whose lives' were lost (and also those who survived), for their sacrifices they made for the great Country we call Australia. Thoughts and prayers also go out to the friends and families of other soldiers (of all nationalities) who have also died in combat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.