HCT 0.00% 0.5¢ holista colltech limited

In my short two years of experience investing, I haven't seen...

1. 752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 416
    In my short two years of experience investing, I haven't seen such a strong emotional knee-jerk reaction to a company's ANN without much basis behind it.
    So in this analysis, I just want to highlight some of my research to those who are not gloating right now how happy they have likely sold at a loss.

Thank you @kiwijuice's thread he started a while ago. All the information from previous ANNs I will post here is from his/her research from this post:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/hct-in-a-nutshell-kj.5403352/?post_id=44700445

The general displeasure was from the figures and absolutely right, figures are key. 500k in revenue from Natshield is not great for sure. But this was quoted from the 9th April ANN:

‘9,558, 30 ml bottles, the previous order'.

‘Of the latter order, 15,000 bottles will be shipped in April, while 400,000 are expected to be delivered in May and June’ – 9th April ANN.

‘Holista expects to record revenue of A3.8 Million from combined total orders of 424,558 bottles of Natshield received in the USA to date from Health Therapies.’

I highlighted 'expects' because many posters thought that it was a clear and tangible target when clearly it wasn't. The ANN also was not clear on the timeframe it expected that revenue to come by. It never mentioned by the end of Q4 for example. This is also shown by the delivery 'expectance' by June. How could they ever reach that magical target if the delivery to distributors is in June??? I do believe if posters are right, and were pressuring for updates, HCT obliged, but probably assumed us SH's read their ANNS and have more trust in them and gave an honest update. I don't know. It was also damned optimistic and bordering on immaturity that they thought all bottles would have been sold.

Alas, I hate excuses, and they did give them in their ANN on Thursday. 'Price gouging' was one excuse. I always had an issue with the price of the product. $13 - 20ml, $15- 30ml - $20 - 60ml. Would I pay for that in Chemist Warehouse in those quantities? Probably not. If marketed well and convinced my wife with the 'non-alcohol' natural angle would I buy it? Yeah maybe. The product is quite expensive and the US market is a funny one. They will experience a recession soon and many there don't care too much about the virus. I think having at least $500k (assuming 'global' also includes the US) after such a late arrival of the product (say even 50K in the US), is a possibly really good penetration point. But details are not included which bothers me and others who have sold recently.

Looking ahead, AGM is coming, 20c options were issued, new leadership and so many products to sell, I am holding now, but with HCT I always wished I suppose in 'investor hindsight' I could buy now, especially when the Q4 could be a killer.

Best wishes all,
    Gazdix

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.394M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $1.101K 220.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1737805 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 414325 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HCT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.